Thursday, October 1, 2015

Medical Explanations by Non-Doctor Remi- Part 1

Hey guys! Still sick today! *cheering in the background* Hahaha...ha.
Okay, today is going to be an informational day. I'm going to talk about Hashimoto's disease.
Perhaps you are looking at me like this puppy. "Remi, what the emu is that?"
There are two definitions:
1. The Medical Definition: In Hashimoto’s disease, the immune system attacks the thyroid gland, causing inflammation and interfering with its ability to produce thyroid hormones. Large numbers of white blood cells called lymphocytes accumulate in the thyroid. Lymphocytes make the antibodies that start the autoimmune process.
That goes right over my head. Here's the one my doctor used:
2. Okay, so your thyroid wants pizza (this got my attention). It calls the pizza place and places an order through their voicemail. The pizza place is actually closed, so there's no pizza. Your thyroid gets mad. It wants pizza. But it's not getting pizza. So it thinks it's a pizza and attacks itself.
(sarcastic yay)

The second one makes way more sense to me. I mean, c'mon, who doesn't love a good pizza? So yeah. And now I am tired, and will continue this post tomorrow. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment